Indoor loveliness... some sunflowers left over from an ongoing series of condo shoots we did late summer. The deck had to be put on hold as we took off now and then to make a living.
A rapid-fire chore I knocked off before the deck project. My roommate/tennant asked me to install floor moulding in what was the guest room, and is now her room. Dave and I put down this oak flooring 8 years ago (we were just boyfriend/girlfriend then... hmm, time flies) and I've procrastinated to do it till now. I ripped 30 feet of 1 x 4 x 8 pine boards to make 60 linear feet of moulding with a 30 degree bevel. Manufacturing, staining and installation together took three days, as opposed to the five weeks and counting for the deck.
Dave is very near where we both accidentally punched our legs (not at the same time tho') through the garage ceiling.
The 'skylight' in the garage just before the new tongue and groove plywood was laid in place.
A sneak preview of the new deck and rail. This was the progress as of 2 days ago. I'm adding some quirky touches to this that will be part of my next blog post.
My eBay collecting has piled up on the desk for more than a month. I've only had time to un-box and give them a quick inspection in between building the deck rail and keeping up with regular chores. Again, more upcoming blog fodder for when the weather turns nasty and I retreat indoors for winter.