Sunday, December 03, 2006

What's New Pussy Cat?

I've actually been sweating away in my (dry for the first time ever, thanks to this new deck) garage making xmas gift and I can't post them quite yet of course. I'm resigned to the snow being here for the next 5 months, sigh. I get gently ribbed by the neighbours for not wanting to take up skiing in a ski resort town.

I can show your this scalloped thingamajig I made out of cedar and installed last month. The brake light lens came from an abandoned Chevy truck up the Soo Valley. They are screwed over holes to let light in from the window and appear like they're braking. And that's a shark jaw on top.

I got the inspiration to do this from Ms. Stuffed who posted a pic of her dad's perfectly preserved 50's kitchen window.

Another Chevy brake light lens getting a second life as a sun catcher on these plywood stars.

A new mantle on top of the existing fireplace mantle. The knickknacks desperately needed the extra shelf space.

A 40 or 50's print from the Sally Ann in Victoria. It looks like it decorated an apartment laundry room for a very long time. I'm happy to have snagged it.

A large devil duckie like the ones at Archie McPhee's. Also bought in Victoria at Zydeco's on Johnson Street.

Cheap fishing bait jars make great containers for beads. They screw atop each other and keeps everything easy to look at and separate. There's a neat little gift idea for the crafters on your gift list.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

Those bait jars are awesome! I know of a few people for whom that would be a great present.

And I love the lotus pic - what a great find. Puts most of my thrift store findings to shame. :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger stuffed said...

I love the thingamajig! Everything in that shot is great. Where'd you get the wallpaper?

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home