Saturday, June 18, 2005

Wherever you go, there you are.

I don't like to keep away from posts this long but life has a way of buggering one's time away, like contract sewing gigs that pay and a husband who is leaving for a week long conference shoot on Monday. My mum is 'threatening' to visit me soon and I've got to get the mounds of serged fabric off the floor before she arrives. On that note, I thought I'd share to you this shrine I made for my departed Dad. HIs grave is a good 8 hour round trip from where I live and it's been years since I last visited. It upsets my mum that I don't go more often so I built this shrine to oblige her and have ancestor worship in the convenience of my own home. Some people might think it's a bizzare way to remember someone; it's common in chinese households to have a shrine of some sort. I made mine because I couldn't find one that wasn't overbearingly ticky-tacky, plasticy (Is that a word?) or expensive in Vancouver Chinatown. Here's to you, Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home