Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Making Stuff While the Sun Shines

The garage is a pleasant place to work when summer is in full swing. This little ongoing project as you see here are new shelves for my bedroom closet. Since Dave doesn't share this particular closet (there are two in the master bedroom) I'm opting for a girlish style by cutting a picot lace edge with a 2 1/2" hole saw in 1" knotty pine. Each bump is 5" long. The sides are 5' high and 20" deep with four shelves in between.

A close up of the lacey edge. The power drill needed to cool down before it could be put to work on the other side.

Our trusty F250 bush truck gets a new sign with its name for all to see.

A collection of beat up and discarded skis rescued by me from the municipal dump, and standing in a neat pile by the front door. I intend to use them on the house someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger stuffed said...

Love the picot. I lived in a cottage once that full of lovely trim. I miss it.

And Nibbles! LOL That's great.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home