Friday, July 22, 2005

Whistler Bear of Yore

It's been 2 or so years since SLIM the black bear met his unfortunate fate on Highway 99 near Green Lake, a couple of miles south from my house. My memory of him makes me slow down to 50km/h every time I drive that certain bit of road between Alpine Meadows and Emerald Estates. I won't go into details about it except to say his spirit lives on as research and education material for Michael Allen, our local bear researcher emertius.

SLIM was a bad ass 400+lb alpha male, protector of a vast territory, shiek to a harem of sow bears and likely father to most of the cubs born here in recent years. I think a good comparison of him, if he were a human, would be Ghengis Khan.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, that's sweet and funny. Love him !

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Caleb said...

Very useful piece of writing, much thanks for your post.
Vegas dresses | sexy aprons | Sudbury hotels

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home