Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring Omen

Take my word for it, standing under icicles at this time of year is dangerous. The days are getting longer and temps are reaching close to two digits. I recently went out around the house and knocked down the reachable ones with a broom.

This 20" spear fell down in tact on my porch.

I don't think poor Were Bear can take another winter, two's enough for him. He will be a good candidate for paint removal this summer. (see top banner for original condition)

I thought it looked a bit dull upon hanging it last month.
The aluminum snowflakes set it off nicely.

The main fireplace busted a seam in its metal liner and now when used, spews wood smoke in the house. Luckily I have a second, smaller fireplace to keep us warm till spring rolls around and Dave can tackle the indoor metal repair with an arc welder. The upstairs windows have to be wide open for venting this process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home