Saturday, January 27, 2007

I'd Rather Pull a Groin Muscle Instead

Despite shooting a 1" brad nail into my left hand last week I managed to start and finish a 15" x 24" two tier shelf with scrap wood. You heard me correct, and I was damn lucky it missed bone and didn't pierce through the other side of the finger it went into. It took two seconds to weigh the options; wait for Dave to come home with the car so I can drive myself to the clinic, or pull it out and put a duct tape tourniquet on it. I did the latter, so all typing activities were suspended till the pain subsided.

Meanwhile, my eBay stuff kept coming in the mail and I still have the right hand to open parcels, heh. A nice toy register in cherry red and pendant piece to the black one I got earler (see first photo).

This is a pretty intersting hybrid of a toy weigh scale and cash register all-in-one. I'm guessing that 60 years ago, this was either the motherlode of all grocery-related toys or the worst gift a kid could possibly get for xmas.

...aaaaand the box it came in.

Dave doesn't do eBay near as much as me so when he finally gets something for himself... eh, it's a bit startling in comparison. This is a military issue 'something-or-other' combat dagger from WW2 with a leather handle and anti-reflective matte coating on the blade. That's the difference between boys and girls, folks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Benedict said...

This can't actually work, I suppose like this.
Mississauga hotels | pregnancy hormone | maps of Florida

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home