Monday, June 05, 2006

When life gives you wood, make a bookcase

I spent my recent blog break making and installing this new display case in the den. It provides 40% more storage space and visually anchors the room from what used to be a mishmash of unconnected shelves all over that particular wall (wish I had taken a 'before' pic to show the difference). Most of it is made from a recycled futon frame found last week at the local dump and as I was there a big male black bear skulked off in the far distance, probably drawn to a nearby municipal compost heap.

To the right of the new display case are my pets 6 1/2 year old Woodstock(foreground) and 2 year old Lieutenant Dan(background blur). They live in a spacious cage 5'x3'x2' Dave made out of an old shelving unit and air duct grating. When they feel like getting vocal, their chirping can drown out whatever is on the tv.

1 Comments:

Blogger stuffed said...

Love the bookcase. Looks great. I used to have birdies like yours. They weren't lucky enough to live in a palace though. :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home