Monday, November 28, 2005

Old School Heat

I recently saw a TV infomercial for what looked like a keresene soaked wad on a candle wick being sold as the 'perfect, no fail' way to light a fireplace. The actors on it hemmed and hawed trying to light up the old way (see right) and getting their hands messy. Personally, I don't recommend burning anything other than paper and wood in a brick fireplace. Residue from burning petroleum can collect inside the chimney walls and in time, reignite.


Anonymous Howard said...

Thanks for this article, pretty helpful piece of writing.
online Christmas cards | Mountain Resorts | Mountain Resorts

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home